Thursday, April 15, 2010

potty training

Think back to those first few weeks with your puppy and what those days of potty training were like. Aren't you glad they are over with? I know I am! I was told when we first got Annie that the puppy training pads were the best way to go to train a new puppy where to go potty. Well, my friends, let me explain something. It doesn't work!!! All it taught her to do was to potty in the house and that if she got one of the corners up off the floor she could then rip the pad to shreds. The only thing they did for us was give Annie something to destroy! It took almost two years for us to get her potty trained to go outside. Now Zeus was the complete opposite. From day one we took him outside and within one week of being home, he was trained. Not a single accident after that. Now, I realize that every dog is different, but if you have the time to make sure the dog goes potty on the pad in the house, why wouldn't you just take them outside and teach them the right way from the start? My opinion...just take it outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment